Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our First Meeting!

Our first meeting will take place on Monday, October 4th during lunch.  Please bring your lunch to the media center and Mrs. Brown will provide a treat that ties into the book.  We will be discussing The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.  Although it is a chapter book, this creative book won the Caldecott Award for best pictures two years ago.  Don't be frightened by the size of the book!  This book is unique in that it relies heavily on the illustrations as much as the words to tell the story.  It is a magical adventure that you are all sure to love.  The media center has several copies of the book however, additional copies may be checked out from your public library.  We hope you will join us at this fun book club event!
Happy Reading,
Mrs. Brown
P.S. Be sure to post your comments below as you read along!  Watch this cool video about the book:

21 comments:

  1. From Sloane...
    I just finished Part 1 of the book! Hugo found the ruins of the museum,and he found the automaton. He fixed it and found the wind up key for it on Isabella's necklace. The automaton drew a picture of a rocket landing on the man in the moon's eye.

    See you Monday! Sloane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the book is great so far. i hope i read at least till 150

    Jessica Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are finding the book to be a quick read, despite its length. Relying on the illustrations as much as the words allows you to interpret some of the dialog in the way that you want. This is one of my favorites! (This book is currently being made into a movie.)
    Mrs. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. relly i think that is sooo cool. i know i am going to see it

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good on page 114 im such a slow reader!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the book on Sunday, and finished it on Tuesday.I loved it!I liked part 2 better than part 1 because I feel like it had more action to it.I can't wait until October 4th!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant the meating be on september 13 cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi girls! We want to give everyone the chance to get a copy of the book and read it SO, we will meet on October 4th but after that we can meet every four weeks. I am so excited that you guys are enjoying the book. It will be a great discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I never thought that book was enteresting, but here I am saying "I love this book!!!" I am so going to see the movie.

    LATER,
    KATY S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I never thought the book would be interesting, but here I am saying "I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!" By the way I am going to see the movie. Can't wait till September 4th.

    Later,
    Katy S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i cant wait till oct 4 to hard to wait

    ReplyDelete
  12. whens the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  13. finished the book in 25 min so good

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Girls! The movie is scheduled to come out on December 9, 2011. It might be in 3-D. Please keep in mind that I do not know what it will be rated. Hopefully, it will be G or at the very most, PG but you never know with movies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool iam gonna tell my mom so she can put it on her calender

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi its remy i loved the book!

    REMY

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's Isabella I finished the book like 3 weeks ago. It was so good. The pictures are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i want october 4 to come so bad. i cant wait! im so bored without another GOOD book to read! see you monday. <3 the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i bet i know what the snack is gonna beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ( croissant ) peace out joelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought the book was so good! Can't wait until Oct 4th..

    ReplyDelete